I follow The Loop and a recent post caught my eye. It is a simple Shortcut automation that almost everyone can try and use. This automation detects when your iOS device is connected to a charger and speaks “Charging”. While this is a trivial automation I can see where it will be useful.
Sometimes when I place my iPhone on my W-18 Thunder Plus Qi charging pad it isn’t aligned correctly. This will give a good audio feedback that I have positioned it for charging.
- Open Shortcuts app on your iPhone
- Tap the Automation tab in the center of the bottom of the screen
- Tap the + in the top right corner of the screen
- Tap “Create Personal Automation”
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Charger”
- Make sure “Is Connected” is selected
- Tap “Next”
- In the search field that appears (bottom of screen), type “Speak”. The action “Speak Text” should appear. Tap on it.
- Tap the “Text” area and type some text to speak, like “Charging”
- Tap “Next”
- Tap to turn off “Ask Before Running”.
- Tap “Done”
I followed these easy instructions and created the Shortcut on my iPhone8. I placed it on my charging pad and after a moment I heard my phone say “Charging”. If you want to start exploring Shortcuts, this is a great first project.
You will find the original article at https://www.loopinsight.com/2021/01/13/a-simple-shortcuts-project/
See my other iOS related posts