I have been publishing a list of free software for iOS, tvOS and OS X each month for some time.
macOS software is now being compiled in a large, cumulative table. Many titles were appearing repeatedly in this list. I think the directory will both take less time for me and provide users with a better way to discover Mac software.
The macOS Software directory is updated frequently and currently contains more than 280 entries. More than 100 of those entries are available for FREE download.
Please give me feedback if this expanded list is valuable to you.
This is NOT a curated list. All I know about these titles is what you see below. None have been tried or tested by me.
- Education and Entertainment – Independent developer Boleslaw Walczyk today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of Pico Christmas Tree AR 1.0, his entertaining holiday-themed app for iPhone and iPad devices. The app allows users to place a Christmas tree anywhere in the room and decorate it using a wide selection of ornaments and decorations. Pico Christmas Tree AR 1.0 is free and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education and Entertainment categories. Additional decorations are available via convenient in-app purchases. The app is intended for ages 8 and up. Download in App Store
- Music – Interactive Coconut today announces the launch of Music Vibes, piano app for iOS that doesn’t just play music as audio, it can also play it as haptic vibrations. That’s right, you can feel the music with vibrations! If you place the phone to your jaw, or the side of your head, the vibrations can be “heard” as music – even by some deaf or hard of hearing people! A fascinating and thrilling experience. Music Vibes is free. It does offer an In-App purchase of $1.99 (USD) to download a Christmas Pack of Christmas melodies – a pack of 15 Christmas classics, especially for this month, that you can play. The developer has also provided several preset melodies to load, and expects to add to these over time. Download from the App Store
- Shopping – ShopSavvy Inc. has released a new version of its app on iOS that provides shipping costs, times and tax costs. The new information will be displayed in the product results screen for each product and retailer. The ShopSavvy App has over 40 million downloads worldwide is the leading shopping app for holiday season deal hunters. “Our users have been asking us to provide tax and shipping information for years but the technical limitations have just come together recently. This feature really levels the playing field for retailers who provide great deals on shipping and we couldn’t be happier to bring this long requested feature to users”, said Jake Marsh Vice President and Co-founder. Download from the App Store
- Shopping – Grappetite LLC is pleased to release a new updated and improved version of the GiftList gift planning app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices that was updated earlier this Fall. GiftList 1.33 can be found on the GiftList webpage, on the Apple store. GiftList 1.33 is free and is available worldwide through the App Store in the Shopping category. Download From the App Store
- Social Networking – YeahWeKhan, LLC is proud to announce the release of Twoish 1.1, a minor update to the company’s popular dating app developed for iOS and Android devices. Ever felt tongue-tied on a date? Not because you were smitten, but only because you and your partner had nothing common to do or talk about. That’s the pitfall of online dating apps that allow users to swipe right or left based on looks. A few online chats are not enough to reveal someone’s personality to ensure a successful date. However, Twoish, the new kid on the dating block, breaks away from the conventional format of dating apps by enabling users to choose each other based on events they’d like to attend in an area. Twoish app is currently available for free on the App Store under the ‘Social Networking’ category. Download from the App Store
- Lifestyle – Beutics, a new flagship on-demand service app was recently launched as a pilot in 3 cities of UAE. The app has been smartly designed to be used by anyone and offers well-thought conveniences and delightful ways to save. The app functions as a marketplace to help users find the finest salon, spa, fitness, clinical aesthetics, and home services in areas around them: a model that connects beauty and fitness enthusiasts with opportunity-seeking service providers. The app brings the much-required visibility and harmony into an industry that is highly fragmented and disorganized. The service industry is known to be very demanding and Beutics technology disrupts the status quo by helping people embrace change and choices effortlessly. Beutics 1.1 is currently available for free on the App Store under the Lifestyle category and Google Play under the Beauty category. Download User App from the App Store
- Games – Starmaps, LLC is proud to announce the immediate release and availability of Cipher Set 1.1, their puzzle game for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. Cipher Set is a puzzle game composed of nearly 100 levels. It is built with the player’s thought-process in mind to convey a specific idea through a moment of epiphany, with plenty of fun surprises. The difficulty comes not from needless complexity or tedious length, but from thoughtful design and clever solutions to perceived impossibilities. Cipher Set is non-linear, with levels that can be explored and completed in many orders. The rules of play are discovered along the way, with new operations introduced in subsequent levels. Cipher Set 1.1 is free and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. A convenient in-app purchase of $1.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) is available to unlock the full game. Cipher Set 1.1
- Social Networking – Wekthor, a new app startup, has launched its new mobile app Maja for free worldwide. Maja was designed specifically to change the way that people interact with their neighbors, ask for favors and help, and build stronger communities worldwide. The way the app works is simple. Users log in and then send requests for help from their nearby neighbors and community members. With a simple, easy-to-use interface, requests for help can be sent in just seconds and tagged with a user’s location and other information. It’s as easy as writing a request and pressing a button. Maja 1.0.1 is Free (With In-App Purchases) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Social Networking category. Download from the App Store
- Artifex Software Inc., developers of the SmartOffice family of products is pleased to announce the release of a tiered premium plan for the popular mobile office editing and PDF viewer app, SmartOffice. SmartOffice 3.6.12