Visit my macOS Software Directory page and find new software for your Mac. Currently there are over 390 titles indexed with more than 140 available for FREE https://johnpurvis.wordpress.com/macos-software/
Product Announcement – – Mac OS X File Recovery of Auckland, New Zealand has released Mac Data Recovery Guru 4.0, the important update to its data recovery utility for macOS. Mac Data Recovery Guru offers the ability to recover all common file types that have been deleted from any kind of drive or volume, including files that were lost due to accidental deleting or formatting, hardware malfunction, or any other case of data loss where the original data was not overwritten.
Using Mac Data Recovery Guru to recover lost data is simplicity itself. Anyone can simply run the application, and then select the drive or volume they wish to scan for lost files, specifying whether to scan for deleted files only, or for both deleted and regular files. Users have no need to fear any further data loss, as Mac Data Recovery Guru prevents accidentally writing over any deleted data by accessing the drive in read-only mode.
During the scanning process, Mac Data Recovery Guru handily lists the files it has found that can be recovered, by displaying them in a familiar column-based window, macOS Finder-style window. Once the scan is complete, users can click the files they wish to recover, and then select a drive and folder location where they want the recovered files to be saved to. The user then clicks the “Recover” button, and waits for Mac Data Recovery Guru to do its job. Following recovery, users can then view the recovered files in their favorite file viewer or editor, as usual.
What’s New in Version 4.0:
- The ability to scan used space, (files), as well as unused space
- Scan disk images that can’t mount for file recovery
- Scan disk images of anything else that won’t mount, like cameras, SD-cards, and more
- Remove DRM from some types of iTunes music files
- Recover thumbnails from deleted (and erased) photos in the Mac Photos app
- Recover all data from browser histories
Mac Data Recovery Guru can scan any storage device on Mac, including those that are not visible, even the Mac Recovery Drive. The app’s ability to detect and scan devices and volumes that are not normally accessible to the average user means Mac Data Recovery Guru offers almost unlimited options for recovering deleted files.
- Instantly recover deleted files in macOS
- Easy-to-use Finder-like interface
- Thumbnail previews of files that are eligible for recovery
- Scans for, and recovers deleted files
- Finds lost files other data recovery apps might miss
- Identifies bad sectors and continues past them
- Quickly recovers files from failing hard drives
- Free scan-only demo version demonstrates the power of the app
- Scans for embedded files
- Completely integrated with macOS to ensure safety of data
Supported Devices Include:
- Disks: Macintosh disks (HFS, HFS+, HFSX file systems); Windows disks (NTFS, FAT); Linux disks (Ext2, Ext3, Ext4); and Unix disks (XFS, UFS)
- Digital Cameras: Kodak, Minolta, Nikon, Canon, Fuji, Olympus, and Sigma
- Mobile Phones: Android, Nokia, Motorola, Palm, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Samsung, Sanyo, Siemens, Sony Ericsson, Panasonic, Kyocera, and Blackberry
- Miscellaneous devices: USB pen drives, Memory Cards for cameras and portable devices, CD’s/DVD’s, MP3 Players, PlayStations, X-Boxes, Wii’s, and Palm devices
The popular Photo Recovery Guru has also been updated to include the same new features as Mac Data Recovery Guru 4.0, making it perfect for users who only require the ability to recover digital camera file types. More information about Photo Recovery Guru can be found on the Mac OS X File Recovery website.
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later (macOS Sierra compatible)
- 64-bit processor
- 3.0 MB
Mac Data Recovery Guru 4.0 is currently $79.20 (normally $99) USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available directly from the publisher’s website. A free scan-only download is also available.