Product Announcements – Excel Software of Henderson, Nevada has released XojoApp Desktop 5.0 for Xojo programmers. These pure Xojo code components require no plugins and can be used in almost any desktop programming project for macOS or Windows Apps.
XojoApp Desktop 5.0 is a major upgrade to the class library enhanced for compatibility with the latest Xojo 2018R3 IDE and earlier builds. Version 5 adds a new Cloud License component to support Trial, Product, and Subscription licensing of desktop applications using the Cloud License API. XojoApp Desktop supports both 32 and 64-bit Apps.
XojoApp Desktop components include:
- RbGrid – Flexible, scaleable grid with powerful programming control
- RbChart – Dynamic charts, graphs, and tables with minimal programming
- RbEdit – Large file text editing with undo, find, replace and print
- RbView – Powerful page layout built on Xojo graphic routines
- RbCommand – Undo/redo menu and mouse commands
- RbPalette – Horizontal tool bars and vertical tool palettes
- RbStringList – String list management to simplify and optimize code
- RbXML – Fast XML read and write of data with minimal programming
- RbHelp – QuickHelp integration for interactive application help
- RbCalendar – Calendar dialog that returns a selected date
- RbLibrary – Text editing, file management, and string manipulation
- RbCloudLicense – Cloud License interface for desktop apps
Cloud License is an Internet-based Serial Number activation system supported by the Safe Activation service or the self-hosted Cloud License Server. On the first launch of a protected App, a customer enters a Serial Number acquired during the purchase process to activate the App on their computer.
The XojoApp Desktop is $495 and includes royalty-free distribution of compiled applications to any number of Mac or Windows users. Each product includes a User Guide with component descriptions, reference documentation, and example applications. Visit the company website for detailed information, a downloadable trial edition or demonstration videos.