(See my other posts related to Round Rock and Food ) – I had dinner this evening at the Fogueira Gaúcha Brazilian Steakhouse located at 2000 South IH-35, Suite D1, Round Rock, Texas 78681. This is the third Brazilian Steakhouse I have dined at this year, though the first in Texas. I have to say that the food was excellent!
You first get to go to their salad bar. There are many selections to choose from. It is self serve and you can return as often as you like, but you really need to leave plenty of room for the meat!
As soon as you are ready for the main course, you flip over a small card at your seat at the table. When the waiters see you have a ‘green’ card they stop at your table to see if you want a portion of the meat they are serving. You have several choices. Per their website:
Our 15 cuts of meat, consisting of beef, pork, lamb, chicken, and sausage, will be carved and served to guest’s desired temperature by a gaucho – trained Brazilian chef, on a large skewer. The service and carving of the meats are initiated by each individual guest using a red and green sided card.
Their meat selections include:
- Picanha – their signature cut, prime part of top sirloin. Comes with 2 additional flavors of Spicy and Garlic.
- Filet Mignon- Tasty cut of tenderloin. Also served wrapped in bacon.
- Rib Eye- Richly marbled steak seasoned with fajita.
- Costela – Juicy beef ribs, rubbed with rock salt, slow roasted to bring forward natural flavors
- Fraldinha – Flavorful cut of bottom sirloin.
- Cordeiro- Succulent lamb chops and tender leg of lamb.
- Frango – Beer-marinated chicken legs and juicy chicken breasts wrapped in bacon.
- Costela de Porco – Pork ribs, seasoned and cooked to perfection.
- Lombo de Porco – Pork tenderloin coated with parmesan cheese.
- Linguica – Savory pork sausage.
Tables are also served with bowls of garlic mashed potatoes, caramelized bananas, hot cheese breads, farofa, crispy polentas, and rice and beans. Waiters keep coming by with meats until you give up and turn your card over to red. If you need a short break, just turn your card over to red for a while, then back to green when you are ready for more.
Prices are $34.95 for weekday lunch and $49.95 for dinner any night. A salad bar only option is available for $26.95 and $31.50 for lunch and dinner respectively as well.
A number of very tasty desserts ($8 – $12) are available, though they are not included in the dinner meal price.
I can say with certainty that I will be going back!
See my other Food & Location posts
[Photos are from the Fogueira Gaúcha website and Facebook page]