(See my other dessert related posts) – A few days ago, friends, Michelle and Addy came to visit and they brought my wife and I each a Boston Cream Croissant. That taste of Galaxy Bakery was enough to send us up to Georgetown this morning.
The Galaxy Bakery & CoffeeHouse is located at 107 E 7th Street, Georgetown, Texas 78626 – just east of the square. The Galaxy is housed in one of the older buildings and you might just go past it. If you do though, you will be making a mistake.
So what does the Galaxy have? Per their menu:
- Full size and Mini CUPCAKES
- GLUTEN FREE CUPCAKES Available Fridays & Saturdays (or by the dozen upon request)
- Full size and Mini CANNOLI – Chocolate, Confectioners Sugar, and Pistachio.
CHEESECAKE – New York, Tuxedo, Chocolate, Raspberry White Chocolate, Peanut Butter
Full size and mini CINNAMON ROLLS
- COOKIES – Chocolate Brownie, Chocolate Chunk, Cranberry Oatmeal Walnut, Peanut Butter, and Sugar.
- CROISSANTS – Almond, Dutch Apple, Peach Cobbler, Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate, Ham & Swiss, Jalapeño Sausage & Cheddar, Raspberry, Sausage & Cheddar, Spinach & Feta, Jalapeño Popper, Boston Cream, Turkey Gouda, and Almond Joy.
- Full size and mini MUFFINS – Blueberry, Lemon Crunch, Maple Walnut, Raspberry.
- Full size and mini PIES – Apple, Blueberry, Cherry, Chocolate, Coconut, Galaxy-Pie, Key Lime, Lemon Meringue, Pecan, Pumpkin, Peach
- Full size and mini SCONES – Almond, Blueberry, Cranberry Orange, Raspberry.
The Galaxy also has a selection of coffees and bottled soft drinks. There are a few tables inside and more outside on their patio for when the weather is better. We sat inside and enjoyed Turkey Gouda Croissants, then shared a cupcake. Of course, we had to stop at the counter and order a few other items to take home with to enjoy later.
So far I have only tasted the Boston Cream and Turkey Gouda Croissants, along with one of their cupcakes (their website lists 47 different flavors – they rotate through them every two weeks) and one of their cookies. Everything I have tried so far has been very good.
Now that I have visited Galaxy Bakery, I am sure I will be back many times! If you are near the Williamson County Courthouse on the square in Georgetown, I recommend you take a few minutes to visit the Galaxy Bakery.
See my other Food and Location posts