(See my other Product Reviews) – I had problems with the Qi charging pad (W-18 Thunder Plus Fast Charging Wireless Charger) I originally bought and used with my iPhone 8 so I looked on Amazon and found the Anker Powerwave Stand. I have been using it now for a couple of months and I am very happy with it.
The phone sits on the stand and easily aligns with the magnetic coil for consistent charging. It has dual coils that allow for either landscape or portrait orientation on the stand. The stand is capable of “Quick Charge” for Samsung phones, but I only use the Standard Charge Mode with my iPhone 8. I can even leave the Otterbox case on my phone and it works well with it.
If you are looking for a Qi charger for you smartphone, I can recommend this one.
- Qi Certified
- Less than $20 on Amazon ($18.99 the day I write this review)
- Works with phone in landscape or portrait orientation
- Fast charging on iPhone is not supported
- Uses a USB Micro-A connector for power input
- Only a 3 ft USB cable is provided
- You must provide a 5V 2A power source