Product Announcements – PFiddlesoft of Quechee, Vermont has released UI Browser 2.8.1, the “ultimate assistant” for GUI Scripting with AppleScript, and a developer utility for exploring Apple’s Accessibility API.
UI Browser helps you to explore, manipulate, and monitor the user interface of most macOS applications running on your computer. With the push of a button, it also generates AppleScript statements to control any application using GUI Scripting, even applications that are not otherwise scriptable. No other utility provides all of the information you need in order to write scripts using GUI Scripting.
Version 2.8.1 of UI Browser adds a link to our website for purchase of a UI Browser registration key, and it fixes an error that caused UI Browser to crash on launch after the free trial period expired.
Version 2.8.0 added these new features:
* UI Browser now supports new Accessibility features introduced in macOS Mojave 10.14. It also incorporates new PFAssistive Framework 3.9.0 and PFEventTaps Framework 1.6.0. UI Browser now requires OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later.
* UI Browser now uses Apple’s Hardened Runtime in Mojave for increased security. It may require user authorization to perform some tasks.
* UI Browser has been notarized by Apple to assure users that it is from a trusted developer and was scanned for malicious code by Apple to ensure its security.
* UI Browser no longer allows in-application purchase. Instead, go to the secure PFiddlesoft website and navigate to the eSellerate Online Store to purchase a license.
* UI Browser’s Target menu now includes Apple’s new Script Menu application in Mojave. The Script Menu application handles the Script menu extra if Script Editor preferences are set to show it in the menu bar.
* UI Browser supports Dark Mode in Mojave.
* UI Browser now uses the current “Highlight color” setting in System Preferences to highlight the target UI element when running in Highlight mode.
* AppleScript statements generated by UI Browser can now be sent to Script Debugger 7 from Late Night Software, as well as Script Editor, Smile and earlier versions of Script Debugger.
* UI Browser implements numerous performance enhancements and a number of minor bug fixes.
Download a free, full-featured 30-day trial version of UI Browser now.
New customers may purchase UI Browser for $55, with quantity discounts available. It is a free upgrade for registered owners of UI Browser 2.0.0 and newer. UI Browser 1.4.1 is no longer supported and no free upgrade path is available.
UI Browser is based on the PFiddlesoft Frameworks, including the PFAssistive and PFEventTaps Frameworks. The frameworks are written using Objective-C, and they support 64-bit architectures using reference counted memory management and ARC. Developers can license the PFiddlesoft Frameworks for distribution or use with their own products that use Apple’s Accessibility and Quartz Event Taps technologies. The frameworks may be licensed free of charge for personal use or for distribution or use with a free software product. A modest license fee is required to distribute or use the frameworks with a product for which payment is requested or required. Source code is available for a separate fee. Different terms apply to large or established commercial software developers. Check the website for details. For more information, go to https://pfiddlesoft.com/frameworks/.