Product Announcements – Cocoatech of San Francisco, California has released Path Finder 8.5, which is a free update of their popular file browser for Path Finder 8 users. Path Finder allows you to view hidden files, compare, merge and synchronize folders, batch rename and batch select files, use Dual Pane and full keyboard navigation to browse your file system and much more. Path Finder is one of the oldest software on the macOS market (*first released in 2001) and boasts a large and loyal user base. The application is extremely customizable and allows you to work how you want. Become a master of file management with Path Finder 8.5! Now faster than ever!
New features and improvements:
* Enjoy up to 50% speed increase (depending on volume and file system type) when copying files. Biggest speed improvements on SSD formatted as APFS.
* New Undo interface: access Undo feature faster from a sliding sheet
* New and handy Size Browser toolbar button
* New compression engine: light and fast. Up to 30% speed increase while compressing files and even more when decompressing!
* New compression engine: you can now see a time estimate while archiving/decompressing your archives
* New compression engine: added creation of 7-ZIP, XAR, PAX and CPIO archives.
* New compression engine: added expansion of 7-ZIP, XAR, PAX, CPIO, RAR(3), AR, LHA/LHZ, and CAB archives.
* New compression engine: added XZ, LZIP, and LZMA (de)compression filters.
* New compression engine: you can now choose among 10 default formats of compression
* Now compression engine: operations are integrated into the file queues interface, which means you can pause them if needed
* The size of the application is reduced by 30 %
* Fixed “Launch Path Finder at login” functionality.
* Fixed Path Finder Desktop text in dark mode.
* Fixed opening of a stationery pad document.
* Fixed empty browser window bug.
* Fixed some potential crashes and exceptions.
* Numerous other UI fixes and improvements.
Path Finder 8 lays the foundation for a total redesign and rewrite of the very powerful file manager. Estimated 40% of the internal code is new. The big new thing in version 8 is the way modules are organized and used within the new and flexible modules structure. You can put as many modules in a single window as you need, they can be arbitrarily arranged, dismissed, closed and dragged out of the window. They can be assigned to either left or right pane and they are extensively customizable (light mode only). With the new module structure, Path Finder probably becomes the most configurable and flexible Mac application on the market.
Path Finder supports Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish languages.
* Mac OS X 10.11 or newer
Pricing and Availability:
You can try Path Finder for free for 30 days with all the features available to you during that period. Path Finder costs $40.00 (USD) for a single user license applicable for up to 3 user-owned computers, and $20.00 (USD) when upgrading from version 7. The software comes with a 60-day money back guarantee. The software is available for purchase from the Cocoatech online store or from within the application itself. Volume license discounts available.