Product Announcements – St. Clair Software of Denver, Colorado has released Default Folder X version 5.3.7. This release of its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs addresses compatibility issues with LaunchBar and Mojave’s Finder. It also displays additional metadata in Open dialogs, enhances Default Folder X’s drawer in the Finder, and improves the operation of file dialogs that are partially off-screen.
Default Folder X’s custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you quickly navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, file information, Spotlight tagging, and comments are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X speeds your workflow by making file management fast and efficient.
The changes in Default Folder X 5.3.7 include:
* Display of application version numbers and “last opened” dates in the info panel below Open dialogs
* Greatly improved handling of file dialogs that are as large as the screen or that lie partially off-screen
* Users can create an AppleScript to specify default folders for applications on the fly
* Fixed compatibility issues with LaunchBar and tabbed windows in the Mojave Finder
* Addressed problems when running in multiple-language environments
* Improved the behavior of Default Folder X’s drawer in the Finder
* Default Folder X is now Notarized by Apple
For a complete change history, visit the URL listed below.
* macOS 10.10 through 10.14
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 5.3.7 is a free update for existing version 5 users. New licenses are $34.95 (USD) and upgrades from version 4 and prior are $14.95. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for purchase, screencasts, screenshots, a full changelog, and additional feature information. St. Clair Software strongly recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this update.