Product Announcements – Ben Software of London, United Kingdom has released SwiftCapture 1.2, a major update to the high-performance video capture application for the Mac. SwiftCapture’s powerful features and intuitive user interface allow users to create high-quality video recordings, time-lapse captures and stop-motion movies from a variety of video and audio input devices.
SwiftCapture supports any video input device that works on a Mac, including built-in FaceTime and iSight cameras, USB webcams and the popular Blackmagic range of devices for analog, HDMI and SDI input.
The main features of SwiftCapture are as follows:
- Supports any Mac-compatible video input, including Blackmagic devices
- Supports any Mac-compatible audio input
- Records standard MOV and MP4 movie files, which have a wide compatibility
- Timelapse and stop-motion capture features
- Hardware-accelerated video encoding
- Easy image capture, including copy-and-paste and drag-and-drop
- Image adjustments: brightness, contrast, saturation, and sharpness
- Ability to add a text overlay, for example, date and time
- Applescript control for automation
New features in this version are as follows:
- Compatible with macOS 10.14 “Mojave”
- More reliable audio capture from Blackmagic devices
- Improved video frame timings from Blackmagic devices
- Automatic video format detection for Blackmagic devices
- Improved audio/video synchronization
- Efficiency improvements resulting in lower CPU usage
- AppleScript enhancements
- Bug fixes
Pricing and Availability:
SwiftCapture costs GBP 29 (approx. USD $38) for a single-user license and GBP 399 (approx. USD $530) for a site license through the website. A 30-day fully-functional trial version of SwiftCapture is available for download.