Product Announcements – Norbert M. Doerner of Bonn, Germany has released NeoFinder 7.3.1. The new version adds compatibility to macOS 10.14 Mojave, but also an improved iView MediaPro XML Importer, better workflow integration in the “Open with” menu, and a much faster Icon View, among other things.
All new features and enhancements of NeoFinder 7.3.1:
- NeoFinder is now certified to run in macOS 10.14. We still don’t recommend to use that new macOS, until Apple has fixed more of the bugs, but NeoFinder will run in it
- Better workflow integration: “Open with” now works for multiple selected items! It will also only display applications from your startup volume
- Faster! Displaying and scrolling photos in the Icon View is now much faster, especially in macOS 10.14
- Improved iView Media Pro importer now reads labels, ratings, lens name, and is much faster and stable
- Expanded Display Filter with the additional “No Thumbnail” option and other improvements
- NeoFinder now ignores password protected disk images during cataloging
- The Cataloging progress when cataloging entire disks and during a catalog Update now shows the approximate number of items
- You can now select more than one item in the new Gallery View. NeoFinder will display the large thumbnail of the first item. This will make tagging and rating much easier
- The Gallery View can now display Ratings in the icon list
- The separate “Update in NeoFinder & Eject” tool is now 64-bit and codesigned
- Find in Instagram now is also available in the keyword list of the Controlled Vocabulary
- The Metadata Presets Editor now also has a Help button
- The Metadata Presets Editor now has new “all” and “none” buttons which will select all or no fields in the current preset being edited
- Better workflow: NeoFinder can now import external catalog or export files with a shell script
- The Auto Updater now has a “clear” button that will erase the log
- Improved behavior when a new catalog folder is found during the sync
- Improved behavior when cataloging certain Adobe InDesign files
- Finding Any EXIF in the Find Editor contains will now properly find lens names
- Fixes a problem with the icons in the LIBRARY being too large in Mac OS X 10.9 and earlier
- Fixes a problem when trying to drag out files or folders into the Finder that had been renamed, moved, or deleted
- Fixes a problem of the date editor in Mac OS X 10.9 and earlier
- Fixes a problem where the number of catalogs in the LIBRARY section wasn’t always updated properly
- Fixes a problem with ejecting disks after cataloging by AppleScript
- Fixes a problem when NeoFinder sometimes couldn’t find your database folder after an update
- Fixes a problem in the Photo Contact Sheet: The header is now really only drawn when actually selected
- Find in Instagram now works with tags that contain umlauts and other special characters
- Many smaller visual improvements and fixes
- Many other fixes
- Cataloging – NeoFinder catalogs metadata of songs, movies, fonts, and photos, including the MP3-Tags of several audio file formats, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data of photos. NeoFinder also edits Adobe XMP data, including keywords. All these are arranged clearly in the user interface and can be extensively searched. For numerous photo and video formats, fonts, text files, and even audio files, NeoFinder generates thumbnails during cataloging, displaying them in all list and icon views.
- Managing Metadata – The built-in XMP metadata editor with presets can edit and add keywords, ratings, descriptions, copyright information, and more to photos and videos.
- Networking – Store your catalog database on a server for access from all Macs in the network, and with the sidekick product abeMeda (was CDWinder for Windows) even from Microsoft Windows.
- Mobile – Keep your NeoFinder database with you on your iPhone or iPad with the separate NeoFinder for iOS app.
- Integration – Offering a tight connection to major productivity tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Roxio Toast, FileMaker Pro, Apples Spotlight and Finder, and the extensive support of drag&drop into other applications, NeoFinder can support many workflow scenarios. The AppleScript support in NeoFinder allows custom integrations of all kinds.
- Geotagging – Only NeoFinder offers the integrated GeoFinder, which searches for photos taken near a spot, or the KMZ export for coordinates and photo thumbnails as a way to give geolocated photos to friends. NeoFinder can even geotag photos itself, no other software needed. And only NeoFinder displays important facts about any geolocation in the truly unique Wikipedia Inspector.
- Since the initial release of CDFinder 1.0 in 1996, more than 85,000 customers in 102 countries around the world are using CDFinder and now NeoFinder to organize their digital library, and manage their data archive and backups, including NASA, IKEA, BBC, Mattel, Rand McNally, Pfizer, Random House, Oracle, and Warner Bros.
Language Support: German, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese
NeoFinder 7.3.1 requires Mac OS X 10.7 or later (Mac OS X v10.7 thru macOS Mojave 10.14). Previous CDFinder and NeoFinder versions for older Mac OS versions are still available. A separate app for iOS (iPhone and iPad) is available.
Pricing and Availability:
NeoFinder 7.3.1 is a free update to all NeoFinder 7.x users. NeoFinder 7.x is a paid upgrade to licensed users of NeoFinder 6.x and the old CDFinder, upgrade price starting at 19 Euros. The price for new users starts at 29,00 (EUR). Multiple user packs are available for network users. NeoFinder can be purchased through the company website. Cross-grades for users of similar applications (Cinematica, DiskLibrary, FileFinder, CatFinder, Canto Cumulus, Disk Tracker, DiskCatalogMaker, Atomic View, iView Media Pro, Extensis Portfolio, and others) are available. A free NeoFinder demo version can be downloaded from the NeoFinder website.