Product Announcements – Plastic Software Inc. Akashi, Hyogo, Japan, an indie software maker, has released the public beta of a macOS utility app named Haste, hoping that it helps us all Mac users power to search the web faster. Main Characteristics of Haste are as follows:
- Search on your favorite sites with customized configurations instantly: Double-hit the command() key to open the Haste Search Window anywhere, anytime. Enter your search text and select a Custom Search to open the results pages in the web browser.
- Find & Select your Custom Search with Hotkeys: Assign up to 3 Hotkeys to a Custom Search. Once you have entered your search text, hit the Hotkeys to reduce the Custom Searches to the one you want.
- Auto Search-Text Insertion:
1. “Copy and Haste” – Copy text into the clipboard and open the Search Window within 5 seconds. The text will be in the search field.
2. Drag and Drop – Select text and start dragging it, the Haste icon will show up. Dropping the text onto the icon will open the Search Window with the text.
3. On Safari, just select text and go – If you have enabled the Haste Safari Extension, just select text on Safari and open the Search Window.
4. Right-click via Services – Select text and right-click on it. Then select “Search with Haste” under the Services.
Other Useful Features:
- Add/Edit/Export your Custom Searches
- Light/Dark Appearances
- Sync Custom Searches across different Macs
- Works with your favorite browser
The public beta can be downloaded from the Haste product site now. Haste supports Mac OSX 10.11 or above). The dev team is planning to submit the app to Mac App Store within a few weeks. They are looking for anyone who would be interested in beta-testing the app. Any comments/suggestions/bug reports would be very much appreciated.