Product Announcement – Tension Software of Milano, Italy has released Calcline 4.2.3, an important update to their macOS math calculator in a small stripe window. Calcline allows users to have a powerful algebra solver in small stripe window taking just a small portion of their Mac’s screen. It opens in a flash ready to be used.
Anyone can use it for simple additions or for complex formula using and assigning variables and constants. Variables and constants can be managed and assigned in a intuitive to use table (in a separate window) with simple clicks. Performed calculations can be displayed in a separate log window (content retained over re-launches)
Calcline offers an array of functionalities to help you work in a fast and effective way. Users can work with all the variables and constants in a separate window, creating, deleting, and assigning them with click and edit. Users can also create and assign variables via calcline assignment x=…
Anyone can specify precision display up to 16 decimal positions, work in radians or degree, and have always available a popup to paste (without errors) all the available formulas, and defined variables and constants. Variable and constant values can be displayed inside the main stripe windows. If users need detailed instructions Calcline has a PDF User Guide included (as does any application created by Tension Software).
Any performed calculations can be saved inside a log. Users can select to show step-by-step calculation or just the result. Log content is retained over re-launch of the application, and can be reset at any time. Variables and constants can be displayed also in a compact form inside the main calc window
Calcline works with your international preferences settings (as example it uses ‘,’ for decimals or ‘.’ depending of your country. You can force at any time the value you like via the preferences.
It works also as a service to all the other apps are installed on a Mac. Users just select a math expression in any other app they have and from the service menu (available in any application on OS X) just paste the result.
Using it in an advanced way, Calcline offers mathematical expressions with infinite level of parenthesis to nest expressions and a large selections of math functions as: square root, cube root, trigonometric sine, trigonometric cosine, trigonometric tangent, trigonometric arcsine, trigonometric arccosine, trigonometric arctangent, hyperbolic sine, hyperbolic cosine, hyperbolic tangent, hyperbolic arcsine, hyperbolic arccosine, hyperbolic arctangent, natural logarithm, base 10 logarithm, exponent base e, exponent base 2, exponent base 10, absolute, ceil, floor, factorial computation.
- Opens in a flash, it’s Mac native code only for Mac only (no cross-platform crap inside)
- Uses a small stripe windows that let you still focus on the other task you are working on
- Evaluates mathematical expressions with parentheses, nested functions, variables and constants
- Easy to use and effective
- Variable creation and reference inside expressions are very easy using an interactive table
- Constant table with editable values
- Variables and constants values are retained over different runs
- Expressions solved optionally step by step showing all the mathematical passages
- Uses a very small window, expandable if necessary to show vars/consts
- Offers calculation service to other Apps, just selecting an expression and choosing ‘Calc With Calcline’ from the services menu
- Based on a custom fast calculation engine developed by Tension Software on macOS
- Uses long double calculation (High precision with up to 16 decimal digit precision)
- Popup for fast introduction of variables and constants in formula
- DEG and RAD calculation for trigonometric functions
- Numeric format customizable depending the user needs and country
- Values and position retained over relaunches
- Embedded PDF user guide
New in this release:
- Better handling of error with empty name variables and constant
- Other minor bug fixes
- macOS 10.12 Sierra optimized
- OS X 10.10 or later
- 64-bit processor
- 7.6 MB
Calcline 4.2.3 is just $4.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store.