Product Announcement – Red Giant of Portland, Oregon has released Universe 2.1, an update to its collection of GPU-accelerated plugins for editors and motion graphics artists. With six brand new tools and updates to two existing plugins, Universe 2.1 delivers eye-catching text effects, enabling users to easily add unique text graphics to their projects. Whether it’s giving text a retro look a la the 1980s, adding dynamic animations to bring them on and off screen, or applying a fractal-based glowing effect, the latest additions to the Universe 2.1 library of effects has a tool for just about any artist’s needs. Red Giant Universe offers more than 65 tools (and counting) that run in Adobe(R) Premiere(R) Pro CC, Adobe(R) After Effects(R) CC, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Apple Motion, Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve, HitFilm and Magix Vegas Pro.
Red Giant Universe 2.1 Delivers One-of-a-Kind Text Effects. All-new tools in the Red Giant Universe include:
- AV Club: Mimic the lo-fi, noisy text found on ancient video tapes, old infomercials and local access cable channel shows.
- Luster: The 1980s are back! Give video text the retro treatment with Luster by applying a metal sheen to text – includes a refraction-based bevel for a glassy simulated 3D look.
- Title Motion: Create text and shapes and then instantly add dynamic animations that bring them on and off screen. Great for titles, lower thirds, callouts and more.
- Ecto: Inspired by the timeless film “Ghostbusters” and Netflix cult-hit “Stranger Things,” Ecto allows artists to create haunting, evolving titles with this glowing, fractal-based effect.
- Long Shadow: Apply a colored, long shadow to text, logo or shape, for both classic and modern motion design.
- Glow Fi II: Give text an ethereal moody look by instantly adding silky smooth, self-animating, fractal-based glow effects to titles. A simple UI make it easy to apply evolving, organic glows.
Existing Tools Get a Refresh:
- Line: This update adds the ability to add text at the start and endpoint of a line – great for labeling travel departure and arrival points, start and end dates, and other informational details.
- Holomatrix II: Based on effects popularized by the legendary “Star Wars” franchise and major motion picture films like “The Hunger Games,” this tool now includes blurred, chromatic distortions, a new strobe effect and much more.
As Seen on TV:
- Red Giant Universe has been used on “Saturday Night Live,” “Portlandia,” “Documentary Now,” “Kung Fury,” and much more.
Red Giant Universe 2.1 Compatible Host Apps:
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Apple Final Cut Pro X
- Apple Motion
- Magix VEGAS Pro
- Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve
- HitFilm Pro
Update to Red Giant Universe 2.1
Red Giant Universe 2.1 the Mac OS X and Windows supports Operating Systems. Existing Universe customers can download the new tools directly by launching Red Giant Link.
The Red Pledge: Red Pledge is Red Giant’s commitment to customer happiness, with no purchasing hassles. Learn about the Red Pledge guarantee at the Red Giant website.
Universe 2.1 is available as an annual subscription ($99/year) or as a monthly subscription ($20/month). New Red Giant Universe customers can purchase a subscription or download a free trial from the Universe product page. To learn more about Red Giant products, please visit the Red Giant online. Red Giant Universe is now available in Red Giant’s Volume Program, the flexible and affordable solution for customers who need five or more floating licenses.