Product Announcement – St. Clair Software of Denver, Colorado has released Default Folder X 5.1.5 today. This version of its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs adds support for minimized Save dialogs and also improves Default Folder X’s reliability.
Default Folder X’s custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you quickly navigate your folders and open Finder windows, as well as move, copy and delete files without leaving a file dialog. Previews, file information, Spotlight tagging and comments are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
The changes in Default Folder X 5.1.5 include:
- Default Folder X now recognizes Save As dialogs when they’re in ‘minimized’ mode.
- Problems that caused Default Folder X to quit unexpectedly have been resolved.
- This version addresses issues with Office 2011, Adobe Creative Suite, Logic Pro X and the macOS Dock.
- Several bugs relating to Default Folder X’s keyboard shortcut handling have been fixed.
- Improved switching between Spaces while a file dialog is open.
- A number of reliability issues have been addressed (use the link below for the full change history).
System Requirements: macOS 10.10, 10.11 or 10.12
Default Folder X 5.1.5 is a free update for existing version 5 users. New licenses are $34.95 (USD) and upgrades from version 4 and prior are $14.95. The product can be purchased from the St. Clair Software web site. St. Clair Software strongly recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this update.