Product Announcement – Zevrix Solutions of Toronto (ON) Canada has released its PDF preflight and conversion tool PDF Checkpoint and it is available at 50% off on MacUpdate until September 29. Remarkably fast, PDF Checkpoint automatically preflights, converts to images, splits and optimizes multiple Adobe PDF files. PDF Checkpoint is an ideal program for users who need fast, affordable and easy-to-use solution for efficient PDF workflows. The discount offer lets users save $20 on each copy of the software.
PDF Checkpoint is designed to automate and simplify PDF workflows of publishers, ad agencies, prepress houses, printers and graphic designers. The program offers the following key features:
- Automatically preflight and convert batches of PDF files
- View all PDF fonts, colors, images and metadata at a glance
- Create preflight profiles for various job types
- Route files by preflight results into success and error folders
- Split files into single page PDFs
- Convert PDF to images with specific resolution, color and page scale
- Preserve transparency when exporting to TIFF and PNG
- Convert PDF color mode using ICC profiles
For example, users can preflight a folder of PDF files and convert them to CMYK TIFF images at 300 dpi while scaling each page by 50%. Or optimize documents for the web and mobile devices while reducing PDF file size dramatically by downsampling images to the screen resolution. Users can also create print-ready PDFs from such apps as Apple Pages and Swift Publisher by converting colors to the recommended CMYK profile.
PDF Checkpoint can be purchased from form MacUpdate at 50% off until May 9 only for $24.97 (USD). Trial version is also available for download. PDF Checkpoint requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later (some features require Mac OS X 10.7 or later).