Product Announcement – KnowledgeMiner Software of Berlin, Germany has released Ockham 2.0 for Mac OS X, its innovative app for performing rigorous sensitivity analyses for a high number of model parameters. Ockham is based on self-organizing analysis concepts, and it is designed to be a valuable tool in academic research and for industry practitioners across a wide spectrum of disciplines including but not limited to environmental engineers, pharmaceutical scientists, oil and gas reservoir simulation engineers, government agencies and local authorities.
Ockham is a novel and easy to use tool, which reads data representing a mathematical model in an open Excel worksheet to perform a global sensitivity analysis of the model. Ockham’s new and original approach to global sensitivity analysis considers both single parameters and interactions between model parameters as a more complete, more accurate, and safer assessment of uncertainty than ‘one-factor-at-a-time’ approaches used in other commercial software.
- High degree of automation by implementation of original self-organizing modeling concepts proven in other products of the company for many years
- Based on the theory of variance-based global sensitivity analysis (Sobol indices)
- Determines the influence of not only single parameters but also their interactions
- Simple, one-click communication with Excel to read data and to report analysis results back to Excel or other apps
Language Support: English, French, and German
- OS X 10.10 or higher
- 64-bit CPU
- Microsoft Excel for Mac version 2011 or newer