Product Announcement – Yellow Field Technologies of Aberdeen, United Kingdom has released iSMARTtrain version 4.1, a major update to their macOS training journal application for multi-sport and endurance athletes. First developed by age-group triathlete Stuart Tevendale in 2001 in response to the lack of Mac-based training software, Stuart soon joined forces leading sports scientist, coach and writer Joe Beer. Joe provides valuable input to the software, both from a scientific and coaching aspect. Future releases will continue to benefit from his wealth of knowledge and experience.
The software is designed to allow endurance athletes to download training data, such as heart rate, cadence, speed and power, from a variety of heart rate monitors & power meters and analyse it in graph, table and list formats. Information about training sessions, for example duration, distance and speed can also be similarly reviewed. Any number of sports can be quickly and easily tracked, using either metric or imperial units for each sport. Commonly used routes and sessions can be stored and quickly recalled:
- Download from market-leading GPS, Heart Rate Monitors & Power Systems from Garmin, PowerTap and SRM
- Track and analyse training data
- Easy to understand visual graphs
- Analyse time in training zones for heart rate and power data
- Track equipment usage
- Add and track user-defined metrics such as weight and sleep
- Total times, distances and number of sessions can be viewed per week, month or year
The latest release contains new data graphs, improved swim analysis and bug fixes, including support for more devices.
iSMARTtrain 4.1 is available new from its official website or the Mac App Store, priced at $49.95 (USD). A free demo version, limited to 20 entries, can be downloaded from our website.