Product Announcement – Eltima Software of Frankfurt, Germany has released Mac – CloudMounter. This little system utility allows mounting several cloud storages and connecting web servers to your Mac, thus making data stored on them as easily accessible as if it were on a Mac’s hard disk or a location shared via local network.
* There is no doubt about the security of FTP/SFTP/WebDAV servers or any supported Cloud Storages when you are using CloudMounter. You can easily set up data encryption and secure cloud storages and servers to access them only from your copy of CloudMounter.
OpenStack Swift storage system:
* The constant work on expanding the list of supported cloud storages made possible the support for OpenStack Object Storage – the high performance public cloud.
* Connect to remote servers via FTP, FTPS and SFTP protocols with the help of FTP client built into the utility.
* Easily access servers with WebDAV protocol with CloudMounter.
* Mount multiple Google Drive accounts – as many as you need – to access data stored online.
* Cloud Mounter enables you to link all the data or only specific buckets kept in Amazon S3.
* All the content and folders of your Dropbox account can be accessed and managed via Finder on your Mac.
* This online service can be accessed via Finder too – data stored there can be browsed, copied, moved, etc. directly from your Mac as if it were on another hard drive.
* CloudMounter is really user friendly – a simple UI and intuitive navigation. Each of the supported protocols and cloud services is assigned with a button, choose the one you need, enter your login credentials and start browsing your data.
* Using CloudMounter is safe, the utility does not save or use your login details. They are kept in Mac OS Keychain and sent directly to the servers via protected protocols.
CloudMounter is compatible with Mac OS 10.10 . Its price is $29.95 (USD), however there is a trial version available for 15 days for free.