Product Announcement – Static Z Software of Rochester, New York has released Sound Control 2 for the Mac. With this release Sound Control builds on its already great feature set. Sound Control 2 adds per-app EQ enabling more tweaking than ever before. In addition, Sound Control 2 also adds customizable audio routing. Now users can reroute audio from their apps to any audio device.
Sound Control enables users to easily and quickly change app volumes as well as selectively apply a EQ to their app’s audio. Sound Control does this by adding a software mixer to the menu bar of your Mac. In addition to the volume mixer, Sound Control also adds a software EQ to your audio output allowing users to easily tailor the sound of their Mac’s audio to their specific taste or to properly calibrate to the frequency response of their speakers.
- Per-app volume control, including mute
- Per-app EQ with 10 or 31 bands
- Per-app audio routing
- Easily controlled via menu bar item and hotkeys
- Adds software and keyboard control to Displayport, HDMI and other audio devices
- Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9)
- Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10)
- Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11)
- Mac OS X El Capitan (10.12)
A demo of Sound Control is available and costs $10 (USD). The demo can be found at Static Z Software online.