- It improves mental performance and alertness – this is certainly true for me. There is more evidence included in my earlier post “Coffee Does Help You Get Started“. On the other hand “Wait Till 9:30 for Coffee?” argues that there are optimum times for drinking coffee. Personally I don’t want to wait that late in the morning.
- It can affect the quality of your sleep – I can agree with this, but the simple answer is to reduce/eliminate coffee after noon (or what ever time works for you to get a good night’s sleep).
- It may enhance your willpower – Hmm, I hadn’t thought of this before. I can certainly see how a cup can give you an energy boost.
- Drinking coffee at the wrong time will lead to increased blood pressure and adrenaline levels – I am fortunate that I don’t have high blood pressure, but I can see where this could adversely affect some.
- It can help you learn faster – though I can’t find any references handy, I have seen evidence of this.
I guess the bottom line is drink coffee, in a reasonable way. I know that for me brewing my coffee is the very first thing I do every morning.