Product Announcement – Twocanoes Software of Naperville, Illinois has released SD Clone 3, an upgrade to its SD Card cloning software for Mac. SD Clone 3 includes new features for cloning memory cards faster and easier than ever, including enhanced capabilities to shrink SD card data, verify card capacity and clone a single card to multiple cards simultaneously. SD Clone 3 supports flash media used in digital signage, industrial machinery, mobile phones, cameras and many other electronic devices.
What’s New in SD Clone 3
- Verify SD card media
- Clone SD cards to compressed image files
- Back up valuable SD card data
- Restore images to disk images
- Restore images and disk images to SD cards
- Restore an image to multiple SD cards simultaneously (Pro license)
- Detect locked SD cards
- Safely unmount SD cards and disk images
- Toolbar for easy access to important functions like shrink, expand, verify and eject
- Link to online image repositories, tutorial videos and in-app purchasing options
- Reveal image location in Mac Finder
- Drag and drop image files
- Shrink SD cards
- Save SD cards to compressed image files
- Mount and clone disk images
- Shrink and expand disk images
- Clone from large to small SD cards
- Clone disk images to SD cards
- Clone disk images to compressed images
- Automatically expand last Linux partition when restoring to large SD cards
- Free version of SD Clone 3 restores images to SD cards
- Optimizations and bug fixes
SD Clone 3 supports SD, micro-SD and other flash media formats commonly used in embedded devices, cameras, digital signage and other electronic devices.
Internet-connected (IoT) sensors, cameras, gaming consoles, mobile and other embedded devices rely on removable flash media to boot operating systems and to store data. Flash media can be variable quality and subject to loss or damage. SD Clone 3 for Mac makes it easy to verify, back up, clone and restore flash media data on the Mac.
SD Clone’s shrink feature makes it possible to safely clone larger cards to smaller cards. During cloning operations, SD Clone 3 automatically expands the file system to use all available space on the card. SD Clone’s Supercharged Raspberry Pi Mode is optimized for cloning Raspbian file systems quickly and easily.
New in SD Clone 3 is the toolbar for quick access to frequently used functions for expanding, shrinking, ejecting, verifying, locating image files and links to online tutorial videos and popular image repositories.
- OS X 10.10 or higher (including MacOS Sierra)
- SD, micro-SD or other flash media
- SD card reader or adapter
SD Clone 3 retails for $39.99 USD (Personal license) and a Pro license for $99.99 USD. A free download is available on the Twocanoes Software website. Purchase includes one year of maintenance and technical support. A free trial of SD Clone 3 is available on the Twocanoes website. Visit Twocanoes Software online to learn more about SD Clone 3.