Product Announcement – Hyperbolic Software of Burolo, Italy has released DupeZap 4.0, their modern duplicate finder developed exclusively for macOS. DupeZap 4 is an utility for Mac owners seeking to reclaim disk space being taken up by duplicate files and packages. Employing a fast search algorithm that quickly scans accurately any mounted drive volume (hard drives, optical discs and portable drives) without writing an index. DupeZap also offers the capability to scan the databases of popular Apple applications such as Photos and iTunes.
Some of the key features are:
- Find any duplicate file type (PDFs, images, movies, etc.)
- Search for duplicate folders
- Search in multiple locations at the same time, and enable additional features that help you in the cleaning of duplicates
- Result organized based on file types
- Result organized based on path of files (if search was performed in multiple locations)
- Automatic marking for a fast remotion
- Several marking options (mark oldest, newest, etc…) available for single locations or for all found duplicates
- Multiple files preview
- Delete the marked duplicates
- Move them to a folder instead of deleting them
- Replace the removed files with hard links, if desired
- Restore the removed (or moved) items if a mistake was made
- iTunes “Dead” track report
- Empty folders report
- Save the result to continue the cleaning job later
- Export the result to consult it in a spreadsheet app
System Requirements: Version 4.0 of DupeZap requires OS X 10.11.0 or later, specifically written for macOS Sierra.
For a limited time, DupeZap 4 can be purchased for $4.99 (USD) instead of the regular $19.99. Currently DupeZap 4 is available on the Mac App Store.