Product Announcement – Independent software developer, Reggie Ashworth of Anaheim, California has released of VidConvert 1.7.1, an update to his popular video converter for Mac OS X. VidConvert is a video converter designed to make converting your videos simple and easy. VidConvert will convert just about any type of video into one of the many popular formats of today. Creating videos for your iPhone or iPad, for your Mac or TV, or formats such as DivX and MPEG are just a click away with VidConvert.
You do not need to be an expert to use VidConvert. Simply add a file, select a format and a quality, and click convert. Optionally you can change your save folder from the main window. For advanced users you can select the Advanced panel if you choose to allow such options as custom Frame Rate, Bit Rate, etc. But for most users simply choosing Normal or High quality should be sufficient. After your conversion is finished simply add more files or quit VidConvert and the job is done.
Supported formats include iPhone, iPod, iPad, QuickTime, .mp4, MPEG-1 and 2, DivX, Xvid, and audio only formats such as .mp3 and .m4a. VidConvert can add iTunes compatible videos directly to your iTunes library for convenience and for syncing with your iPhone, iPod, or other iDevice. It’s also possible to turn your favorite videos into audio only tracks for playback in your favorite audio device. And VidConvert is not limited to creating videos just for Apple devices, in fact any device that can play one of the supported formats can play a video converted by VidConvert. With VidConvert converting your videos couldn’t be easier.
VidConvert Version 1.7.1 will run on Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan, and macOS Sierra, and here are a few of the new features included:
New in Version 1.7:
- Optimized for operation on macOS Sierra (backwards compatible with Lion/Mountain Lion/Mavericks/Yosemite/El Capitan)
- Supported input – Most any type of video or audio format
- Supported output – iPhone, iPad, iPod, Retina, Apple TV, QuickTime, .mp4, .avi, DivX, Xvid, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DVD (.vob), Windows Media, Flash, Matroska (.mkv), Theora (.ogg), WebM, .m4a, .mp3, .aiff, .wav, .wma, .ac3, ALAC
- Refreshed UI design
- Full 64-bit support for the fastest possible conversion
- Nine languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, and Spanish (with more to come)
- Support for latest FFmpeg releases
- Fully compatible with Retina displays
- All-around code cleanup and optimization including latest Dev tools
- Sparkle updater to always have the latest version (with new localizations)
- And More…
- Expected features such as Preview, Joining or “stitching” files, ability to save settings, and more
- Normal and High quality presets to make video conversion automatic for most users
- Ability to author a DVD for burning
- Info panel to obtain Container, Video, and Audio details for each video
- All Apple Devices format to play on all iDevices or Apple TV
- Crop and Trim and more in the Advanced panel to customize your conversion if needed
- Drag and Drop simplicity even with folders of videos and List reordering once videos have been added
- Easily change Save To folder for each batch
- Progress indicator with time remaining for each file
Language Support: U.S. English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, and Spanish
Version 1.7.1 brings a few improvements and fixes a few issues from the big Version 1.7 release. For full Release Notes visit their website.
- Mac OS X Version 10.7 Lion or later (macOS Sierra compatible)
- Intel only
- 21.8 MB Hard Drive space
VidConvert 1.7.1 is only $7.99 (USD) for a single user license. A demo which creates 3 minute samples is available. Older versions with pre-Lion support are available via the website. And Mac App Store version also available.