Product Announcement – True North Software of Plymouth, Minnesota has released Station 1.1, the company’s multilevel (hierarchical) launcher for macOS. Station promotes a more natural organization of applications and documents into folders. With nested folders, you can arrange items in Station in a way that fits your workflow with an uncluttered look and feel. Scalability is greatly increased through logical groupings thus increasing the sheer number of items that can be added to Station without having to shrink the launcher size.
Productivity is increased because related items can be grouped together into a single folder. For example, one folder can contain work related items and another folder gaming items. Another useful feature of Station is the ability to launch, all at once, the items in a launch folder. This is useful when switching between tasks like business and spreadsheets to graphics work. With ten levels of folders available, enough space is provided to spread out even the most diverse set of applications and documents.
Station also implements scrollbars when a launch panel exceeds the width or height of the screen. This design also does away with the need for magnification or shrinking the height of the launch panel so your icons remain one height thus making them more readable.
What’s New for Version 1.1:
- Station can collapse all open launch folders above the root level folder after a launch
- Folder aliases can be created that allow to you immediately open the original folder no matter where it resides
- A menu item was added to collapse all open launch folders down to the root level
- A menu item was added to reopen the previously open launch folder
- You may now select any color for the background color of launch panels
- The embedded open folder icon can now be either blue or red
- Refined the internal dragging of items on the panels
- More robust full screen and multiple display support
- Up to ten levels of folders can be shown
- The size of the icons can range from 32 to 64 points
- An alias folder can be created from any existing folder
- Icons can be assigned to folders to give them a more distinctive feel
- All applications and documents in a folder can be launched all at once
- Station can be displayed on the left, right or bottom side of the screen
- Station can be displayed statically (always shown) or automatically hidden when not needed
- The display name of a folder can be renamed (e.g. “untitled” to “Graphics”)
- Scrollbar support for launch panels that exceed screen dimensions
- Embedded open folder icon can now be either blue or red
- Auto collapse of folders after launch of an item
- Select any color for the panel background color
- Fullscreen and multiscreen support
- Requires macOS 10.10 or higher
- 64-bit processor
- 17.1 MB
Station 1.1 is priced at $14.99 and is available on the True North Website through FastSpring or through the Mac App Store in the Productivity category. A demo version is available from the True North Website.