Product Announcement – Pixeleyes Ltd. of Wellington, New Zealand has released AutoMounter 1.2.2, an update to their sleek and powerful menu item designed to automatically mount your network shares on OS X. Whenever you change locations, AutoMounter will mount your shares from the available server or Network-attached storage appliance, and they will appear on your Desktop. No more requirement to script or use command line tools.
AutoMounter offers an intuitive and powerful interface to suit everyone with Network-attached storage (or even your other Macs / PCs) that supports SMB, AFP and NFS shares. AutoMounter is secure, uses native MacOS frameworks, and doesn’t store your credentials.
- Supports SMB / AFP / NFS network shares
- Supports multiple Network-attached storage appliances / servers
- Server discovery
- Persistent auto mounting of shares, when the server is reachable
- Match a server to a WiFi Name (SSID)
- Reacts to changes of network
- Optionally send a Wake On LAN packet to a server when the network changes
- Easy to use, unobtrusive, menu bar item
- Optionally hide shares from Desktop
- Resolves macOS Sierra authentication issue
AutoMounter is perfect for anyone looking to make access to their Network-attached storage easy. With AutoMounter, there is no further need to go into the Finder sidebar just to get access to your data. Version 1.2.2 offers bug fixes and optimisations as well as adds a wake button for any offline server that has Wake-on-LAN enabled. Note that in order to wake a server, it will have needed to be online once before it works (needs to gather MAC address).
- OS X 10.11 or later
- 64-bit processor
- 4.6 MB
AutoMounter 1.2.2 is $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Utilities category.