Product Announcement – Ben Software of London, United Kingdom has released SecuritySpy 4.0.7, an update to the premier multi-camera CCTV software for the Mac. With features such as motion detection, flexible movie capture, and remote monitoring and configuration, SecuritySpy is designed for demanding video surveillance applications. New features in this version include macOS 10.12 “Sierra” compatibility, ONVIF auto-discovery improvements, and email notification improvements.
The main features of SecuritySpy are as follows:
- Displays and records multiple cameras simultaneously
- Powerful capture features, with motion-detection capture and notifications
- Built-in secure web server for remote monitoring and administration
- Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ) support
- Secure off-site backup of captured footage
- Browser feature for synchronised multi-camera playback of captured footage
- Supports all major brands of IP camera as well as ONVIF-compatible cameras
- Supports all industry-standard media formats (JPEG, MPEG-4, MxPEG, H.264, AAC)
- Extensively threaded and optimised to take full advantage of multi-core computers
- Hardware-accelerated video compression and decompression
SecuritySpy supports virtually all IP cameras on the market, including the popular Axis, Dahua, Canon, Sony, Foscam, Hikvision and Vivotek ranges. SecuritySpy features advanced motion detection, which can be used to trigger recordings as well as email alerts, audio alarms, iOS push notifications and external devices. The built-in secure web server allows remote monitoring of live streams and captured footage, as well as configuration of the software, from over the Internet using a web browser or mobile device such as an iPhone or iPad.
Pricing is in British Pounds, Euros or US Dollars and depends on the number of cameras used, ranging from GBP 29.90 (approx. USD $42) for the single-camera version, to GBP 649.00 (approx. USD $900) for the unlimited-camera version. SecuritySpy supports any Mac running macOS (Mac OS X) 10.7 “Lion” through 10.12 “Sierra.” SecuritySpy can be tested for 30 days before purchase, with no demo limitations whatsoever, or purchased through the web site.