Product Announcement – KnowledgeMiner Software of Berlin, Germany has released Insights 5.1 for macOS Sierra, a performance update to its critically acclaimed application that implements original self-organizing modeling based on the Group Method of Data Handling or GMDH for classification, diagnosis and forecasting problems of complex nature for decision support. Following the principle of Occam’s razor the app autonomously develops complexity-minimized predictive models from observation data and generates new knowledge in form of explicit, dynamic regression model equations that describe the data for further analysis, interpretation and theory formulation purposes. Insights extracts all information needed for model development from the observation data which is why it is increasingly recognized as a superior alternative and supplemental tool to established assumption-based confirmatory science approaches for complex modeling.
Today we are facing an ever-widening spectrum of complex problems which require analysis and research. However, in many cases it is impossible to create reliable analytical models using classical confirmatory science-based methods since there is incomplete knowledge of the processes involved, which requires making often unjustified assumptions to fill the missing knowledge. Environmental, medical, and socio-economic problems are but three examples. Here self-organizing modeling methods help to overcome this knowledge gap and to reveal relevant relationships inherent in complex systems in an adaptive, fast, reliable and objective way.
Insights for macOS Sierra is a professional yet convenient tool for autonomously building predictive models from data of complex systems by model self-organization. Taking observational data that describe a system or process the software constructs a working mathematical model of that system by AI-powered knowledge extraction technologies. It implements a unique set of powerful modeling tools such as self-detection of relevant input factors, cost-optimized and prevalence-sensitive classification or similar-patterns recognition. The app is applied by corporations, universities, research institutes and individuals worldwide for health and life sciences related problems, energy forecasting, sales prediction, financial and resource planning, engineering problems, climate change modeling and many more.
- Original, high-dimensional, self-organizing, inductive knowledge and data mining from observation data
- Based on the outstanding GMDH approach which is recognized as the first Deep Learning method
- Automatically develops analytical models and model ensembles from data along with explicit mathematical equations that describe the data as an interpretation of how the model works
- Integrates all complex tasks – such as relevant variables selection from up to 2000 inputs, knowledge extraction, model development and validation – into one process and hides it from the user
- Live Prediction Validation technology
* Model deployment and export to Microsoft Excel, ready-to-use Python, Objective-C, AppleScript source code, or TEXT to be used in Matlab
- Powered by 64-bit, parallel, cross-platform, self-organizing modeling engine for multi-core CPUs
Insights 5.1 comes with various, updated example models, such as cost-optimized models for fetal state monitoring, QSAR models for toxicity screening of chemical substances, or climate models for ozone concentration and global mean temperature. More than 20 examples are included for illustrative purposes, taken from the fields of Climate Change, Energy, Life Sciences, Chemistry, Engineering, and Business.
Language Support: English, Spanish, and German
- Mac OS X 10.9 or later
- Any Mac with 64-bit CPU, 8 GB RAM recommended
- Minimum screen resolution of 1400 x 800 pixel
Insights for macOS Sierra is available as either Free, Student, Advanced, or Pro edition exclusively from the KnowledgeMiner Software website.