Product Announcement – St. Clair Software of Denver, Colorado has released Default Folder X 5.0.7. Default Folder X’s custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you quickly navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, file information, Spotlight tagging and comments are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
This version of Default Folder X fixes a few compatibility issues with macOS 10.12 Sierra, and brings resizable windows to its preferences to make it easier for users to manage their favorite and default folders. Anyone using Default Folder X 5 should update to version 5.0.7.
What’s New in Default Folder X 5.0.7:
- Fixes a crash that occasionally occurs at startup under macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- Corrects problems handling minimized Save dialogs. This was causing Default Folder X not to appear in Save dialogs when it should.
- Addresses problems detecting the current folder when running on systems for which Default Folder X isn’t localized.
- Fixes a bug that could cause an inoperative file dialog to be left on-screen.
- The Folder, Shortcut and Options windows in the preferences are now resizable.
System Requirements: macOS 10.10 through 10.12
Default Folder X 5.0.7 is a free update for existing version 5 users. New licenses are $34.95 (USD) and upgrades from version 4 and prior are $14.95. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screencasts, screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information. St. Clair Software strongly recommends that anyone using Default Folder X on El Capitan or Sierra install this update.