Product Announcement – St. Clair Software has released Default Folder X 5.0.6. Default Folder X’s custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you quickly navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, file information, Spotlight tagging and comments are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
This version of Default Folder X is compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra, corrects a number of bugs, improves compatibility with LaunchBar and iTerm2, and can keep Favorites sorted by name in its menus. Anyone using Default Folder X 5 should update to version 5.0.6.
What’s New in Default Folder X 5.0.6:
- Support for macOS 10.12 Sierra
- Favorites can be kept sorted by name
- Default Folder X will now hide its controls if LaunchBar pops up while a file dialog is displayed
- Added support for Silhouette Studio and version 3 of iTerm2
- Fixed a problem with the cursor occasionally disappearing
- Fixed a hang that could leave a file dialog on the screen until Default Folder X was quit
- Keyboard shortcuts are now correctly disabled in applications where the user has disabled Default Folder X
- Fixed a bug that resulted in Default Folder X failing to appear in an application until the app was quit and relaunched
- The Finder-window menu would sometimes fail to show some windows. This has been fixed
- Default Folder X now correctly recognizes the active tab in a Finder window rather than using the first one
- Preferences are only saved when necessary, reducing disk I/O and delays when waking from sleep
- Default Folder X’s launch speed has been improved.
Default Folder X requires macOS 10.10 through 10.12
Default Folder X 5.0.6 is a free update for existing version 5 users. New licenses are $34.95 (USD) and upgrades from version 4 and prior are $14.95. St. Clair Software strongly recommends that anyone using Default Folder X on El Capitan or Sierra install this update. The software can be purchased from the St. Clair Software website.