MacDaddy of Auckland, New Zealand has released the Beta version of Style 1.0. The new app for Mac OS X machines that can take any image or video file and create an artistic interpretation of the original. Style offers nine different styling models to choose from, each creating a decidedly different version of the original file, rendered in a creatively produced final image.
Style brings an unusual artistic look to any image or video you feed into it. While a number of apps can offer Instagram-like photo and video filters, Style takes the process further, and by using a neural net, it actually creates a painted interpretation of the source file, merely using the original as a reference.
Although Style does all of the image and video processing locally, it only takes a few moments to process most images. Video can take longer, but only because of the large amounts of data that is contained in video files. Processing time of any file is dependent on the size of the file. The larger the file, the longer it will take to process. However, users will find the app does an excellent job in rendering the new creation in a reasonable amount of time.
Style offers 9 rendering models:
- Candy – A hard candy style effect
- Composition – A mosaic-like effect
- Cubist – An effect resembling early-20th-century avant-garde art
- Edtaonisl – A style created by early-20th-century artist Francis Picabia
- Hokusai – A style created by early-19th-century Japanese artist Katsushika Hokusai
- Hundertwasser – A style created by artist Friedensreich Hundertwasser
- Kandinsky – A style created by early-20th-century artist Wassily Kandinsky
- Seurat – A Post-Impressionist style created by French painter Georges Seurat
- Starrynight – An effect based on the famous “The Starry Night” painting by Vincent van Gogh
Users can also run all nine models on an image at the same time, to quickly create nine separate images displaying all the effects to choose from. In addition, a previously rendered image can be fed back into Style in order to apply a new effect on top of the previously created style. This opens up a number of custom and entertaining ways for users to artistically interpret their images and videos.
- Requires Mac OS X 10.10 or later
- 64-bit processor
- 80.9 MB