I came across an article (“4 Ways to Make Your Coffee Even Better!“) that reinforced my love of coffee. One of the benefits mentioned is that just 2 cups of coffee per day can reduce the chance of liver disease.
Their recommendations to improve your coffee experience:
- buy fresh beans and grind your own just as you brew your coffee
- store beans in a cool, dry, dark place in an air-tight container
- add a spoonful of coconut oil for a boost from healthy fats
- skip the expensive frozen drinks you buy out, create your own by making coffee ice cubes with left over coffee
- add some cinnamon (instead of refined sugars) to spice up your coffee
I never have coffee left over, so making those coffee ice cubes is out for me unless I plan ahead. I have not been much of an iced coffee drinker, but perhaps as the weather continues to warm I may give it a try.
I have been buying coffee beans at a local Sprouts Farmers Market store for more than a year now and have come to prefer the flavor of coffee brewed from fresh ground beans. Of course there is also the added advantage from grinding the beans myself of more potent antioxidants.
For some of the healthy reasons to drink coffee see “10 Healthy Reasons to Drink Coffee“.