I occasionally get what I consider SPAM phone calls. While there is nothing I know of to prevent getting these all together, I do know that I get a call from any given number only once. This is a simple fix, but not everyone I have mentioned it to has set it up.
- Go into Phone >> Contacts on your phone and create a new contact with the “+” button in the top right corner of the screen. I just gave the contact entry the name “SPAM”.
- Now you want to designate that contact as ‘Blocked’. Go to Settings >> Phone >> Blocked >> Add New. This will bring up a list of all of your contacts. Scroll through and select the contact “SPAM” you created in #1 above. This will cause all phone numbers associated with this contacts entry to be blocked. (Contacts can also be blocked using Settings >> Messages >> Blocked or Settings >> FaceTime >> Blocked)
- When you receive a SPAM call, open Phone >> Recents then find the information on the SPAM caller.
- Tap on the blue “i” at the far right for the offending caller. Scroll down the page and click on the link “Add to Existing Contact”. That will bring up your list of contacts. Scroll down and select the entry you created in #1 “SPAM”. This will add the offending phone number to SPAM and you have already set that ‘contact’ to be blocked.
- Having done this, while someone from that offending number may try to phone you in the future, you will never be bothered by
I have had my iPhone set up this way for about a year and my “SPAM” contact entry now has eight phone numbers that are being blocked.
Read my other iOS articles