I have occasionally had the need to edit audio files. A great tool for that is Audacity. Audacity is a cross platform (Windows, OS X, and Linux) multi-track audio editor and recorder. The features of Audacity include:
- Recording live audio
- Recording computer playback on any Windows Vista or later machine.
- Converting tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Editing WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files.
- AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC), WMA and other formats are supported using optional libraries.
- Ability to cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Ability to apply numerous effects including changing the speed or pitch of a recording.
- See the complete list of features.
Should you ever have the need to edit sound files, Audacity is an application that you should consider.
See my other OS X articles